TCCA Head Start and Early Head Start programs provide free childcare, extended social services, preventative health and prenatal education services to the parents of infants and toddlers. If needed, we assist parents in obtaining a medical home. There are currently six Early Head Start centers and eight Head Start centers that provide services to nearly 625 infants, toddlers and pregnant women.
Centers operate from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Before you can enroll your child/children in the Head Start or Early Head Strat program; you must meet the US Department of Health and Human Services Income guidelines. For example, for a family of 4, the total household income must be at or below $24,300. TCCA Head Start will however accept families that are over this guideline by 10% only after all income eligible families are served.
Poverty Guideline Chart
Each family applying will have to provide the following income documents in order of priority:
1. 1040, or 1040A income tax form which documents all of the family members in the household.
2. Annual benefit statements such as: TANF, SSI, Social Security, Child Support, Foster Care Payment, and Unemployment compensation when applicant has been unemployed for the past twelve months.
3. Families who receive cash benefits may submit a letter from their employer stating annual income of employee on company letterhead, signed, and dated by employer with the employer’s company address, and phone number. Letter must be notarized with a notary seal.
Other required documents are
4. Copy of child’s certified birth certificate.
5. Copy of child’s current immunization record.
6. Copy of child’s lead screening form results.
7. Copy of child’s medical insurance information.
8. Copy of child’s physical exam.
9. Copy of child’s dental exam.
Tri-County Community Action, Inc.